Re: [tlug] Need laptop vendor recommendation

On Tue, 2023-08-22 at 13:22 +0900, eizietheez@example.com wrote:
> Highly recommend the Framework Laptop. I have a gen 1 and absolutely love it.
> 64GB ram, 2TB NVMe, and i7 make it sing. Chassis is great, and of course the
> repairability is off the charts. I replaced the keyboard with a blank keycap
> one.

Excellent idea! I just read about the Framework Laptop and it sounded
really good. Then this came up but I didn't think of the Framework. Old
age memory problems. *sigh*

> The ability to charge from both sides of the laptop is also a surprisingly nice
> quality of life improvement as somebody that works in lots of different
> locations.
>
> Price point is also within your range. Need to bounce delivery through a
> service (or relatives) in a location where Framework officially sells to,
> though.

Uh-oh. This could be a problem. I'll look into it.

--
Stuart Luppescu
Chief Psychometrician (ret.)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index