Re: [tlug] Need laptop vendor recommendation

A few places to search….

https://system76.com/laptops
https://frame.work/marketplace/laptops
https://www.malibal.com/laptops/

Tim Osburn - W7XS

On Aug 21, 2023, at 8:52 PM, Stuart Luppescu <lupp@example.com> wrote:

Hi TLUGers, although I'm formally retired, I'm still doing some work to
keep me out of trouble. For this project I'm working on now, I need a
rather powerful laptop (e.g. i7-12800H processor, 32GB RAM, 512GB M2
storage) with an English keyboard. I found a nice Dell Precision 5470
but it only comes with a Japanese keyboard. It's about 270,000 yen,
which is right at the top of my budget. The nice man at Dell Japan
suggested a Precision 5480, but it's over 350,000 yen. Lenovo and ASUS
don't provide more than 16GB of RAM and no English keyboard. I run
Linux (of course) so no OS would be ideal.

Anyone know where I could find an appropriate machine? If you're going
to direct me to a physical store, let's keep it in the Kanto area.

Thanks.

--
Stuart Luppescu
Chief Psychometrician (ret.)