Re: [tlug] HNN / fetching electricity data

Hoi,

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 10:28:54PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> This is pretty cool (but I bet they're gonna realize they're getting a
> lot of fetches from TLUGgers and throttle it soon ;-).  [..]

Indeed.
Let me just illustrate the ideal from my perspective, so my expectations
as consumer:

- electricity, gas and water suppliers offer data like this via
  open, defined APIs.  'open' as in 'properly defined', but of course
  I as a consumer should have to authenticate, and the transmission
  should be reasonably secure, i.e. with TLS
- that data would then allow all kinds of cross checking.
  So if I had a family and a house, I would also measure electrical
  power consumption inside my house, and could with scripts crosscheck
  it against the values from the supplier.

In Germany, people also increasingly setup solar panels, feed back
power into the network, and collect then data to keep an overview.

cheers,
Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index