Re: [tlug] Running from USB memory stick (hardware issues)

On 2021-03-06 15:31 +0900 (Sat), Lyle H Saxon wrote:

>  Why isn't there just one USB setting and then the machine can look for
>  something bootable via whatever is plugged in?

So that you can choose which device(s) you boot from when you have multiple
devices plugged in.

On my Thinkpads, IIRC, you can set the boot order to be something like:

    - USB CD-ROM
    - Option Slot CD-ROM
    - USB-Floppy
    - USB HDD
    - Option Slot HDD
    - Internal Had

and it would go through each device in order; booting from the first one
that's present and has media loaded. If you have multiple USB HDDs plugged
in, when doing the BIOS setup, you'll also be able to set the order of the
individual USB HDDs.

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974