Re: [tlug] January 9th Technical Meeting

> - Nokubi demonstrated his project for adding a virtual
>   background to a video stream:
>
> <http://blog.daionet.gr.jp/knok-e/2020/05/10/virtual-background-using-webcam/>

I was reading a paper the other day, out of Facebook Research, on making
deep-learning models smaller yet keeping the same performance. I.e.
small enough to be usable on mobile. I was surprised that cutting people
out of backgrounds was the motivating example they kept harping on
about, until it finally clicked: this is about Facebook Messenger
competing with Zoom.

Covid
 --> Working from home
   --> Need to hide the untidy house on video calls
     --> progress in complex mathematics and information theory.

Been a strange 12 months, hasn't it :-)

Darren

Home | Main Index | Thread Index