Re: [tlug] January 9th Technical Meeting

It was a small group (and I had to leave early) but some of the fun projects I saw included:

- Nokubi demonstrated his project for adding a virtual
  background to a video stream:

<http://blog.daionet.gr.jp/knok-e/2020/05/10/virtual-background-using-webcam/>

- Edward described his deepening spiral into Rust ;-)

- Tim showed off an ESP 8266 LED strip controller... giving him
  web form -> MQTT -> Wifi wall-mounted blinky lights around his
  daughter's anime artwork.

- I showed an example of the upptime project for abusing GitHub
  actions for monitoring servers:
  project: https://github.com/upptime/upptime
  example: https://status.dvnz.nz/

https://gather.town/ seems to work really well for a group this size.