Re: [tlug] "Go Considered Harmful"

Josh Glover writes:

 > I really prefer Scheme over Common LISP, and my favourite Scheme is
 > Racket. Is that where you're finding your hygenic macros?

Hygienic macros are a Scheme thing.  I believe they were introduced in
the orginal report on Scheme, and improved in SRFI 72.  Basically,
traditional macros introduce a form of unmarked dynamic scope (hi
Curt!)  Hygienic macros are supposed to prevent that by lexically
scoping certain variables introduced by the macro.

https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-72/srfi-72.html

 > Or does elisp have them as well?

Emacs Lisp doesn't have them.  Common Lisp doesn't have them.  Rust
has them, apparently, but I don't know how well they conform to
Scheme's concept.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index