Re: [tlug] "Go Considered Harmful"

On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 at 05:14, Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:

Curt J. Sampson writes:

 > Yeah, Lisp does have certain awesome things. It looks to me like
 > the macro system in Lisp

s/Lisp/Scheme/, please (even though I don't use Scheme much, hygenic
macros rule).

Dunno what Curt means, but I'm probably guilty of muddying the waters here. When I wrote Lisp, what I really should have written "lisp," to indicate that I was talking about the whole family. I really prefer Scheme over Common LISP, and my favourite Scheme is Racket. Is that where you're finding your hygenic macros? Or does elisp have them as well?

Of course, I prefer Clojure over all other lisps, because it's most conducive to me writing production code in places that are already using JVM languages. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index