Re: [tlug] From an enthusiast TLUG follower

On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 01:48:50 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:

>  > Subrange types were a Pascalian innovation. I don't know of any curly
>  > braces language that adopted them. Do you know of any?
>
> I'm sure Pascal did not check subranges at compile time.

Jupp. Pascal, at least the compilers I know about, checked them
at runtime. And subrange types are not a Pascal invention.
It came from ADA, which for some reason, noone seems to remember,
but us VHDL guys.

			Attila Kinali

--
<JaberWorky>	The bad part of Zurich is where the degenerates
                throw DARK chocolate at you.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index