Re: [tlug] TLUG Site with Hakyll Update

On 2019-03-15 20:49 +0900 (Fri), Edward Middleton wrote:

> Looks pretty good.  I will try geting Hakyll setup over the weekend
> and  take a look.

There's not much to it:

    git clone https://github.com/tlug/tlug.jp.git
    cd tlug.jp/
    ./Test
    #   Wait a few minutes if you've not used Haskell Stack before

> The big one for me will be dumping and copying over whats  worth
> keeping in the wiki.

We do have a web scrape of the wiki in the akari.tlug.jp repo (ask Jim
for access) but getting a DB dump in there too would be great.

I've just done a slight bit of reorganization on that repo and added a
README, so it should be pretty clear now what's there. Jim, you may
want to fix any errors I've put in the README.

> That would allow us to remove the RDB from  our stack.

Yes, that's a primary goal of the proof of concept that Jim, Justin
and I have been working on. Once that's done hosting options also
greatly expand and costs drop.

> I think we might also make different choices about the  structure if
> we wern't using mediawiki.

This is why we have a Git repo! Branch and link!

> I really like what was done on https://scrapbox.io/HNKansai/

Oh my! It's certainly possible to do something like that even with a
"static" site, but I find it a bit...overwhelming.

> It would be good if we could embed videos and photos from the meetings.

Images (including photos) are no problem, but dumping video in a Git
repo and serving it from the main site is probably not the greatest
idea, for both storage and bandwidth reasons. How about Vimeo?

> We have had the wiki for some time and for a long time that was
> pertty open access but I think I was the only person who really ever
> used it.

I made a user page and put my name in it!

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.