[tlug] [announcement] Sunday, March 10th Static Site Generator Workshop with Hakyll

As announced at today's Technical Meeting, Curt Sampson has volunteered
to lead an informal workshop tomorrow (Sunday, 10 March) on using the
Hakyll[1] static site generator. At least a couple of us will kick off
at about 11:00AM at the Yahoo Japan Lodge[2] co-working space.  This
very nice venue near the Nagatacho and Akasaka Mitsuke subway stations
continues to offer free admission.

The workshop is expected to run 2 or 3 hours (or perhaps even longer
depending on interest/progress/crowd), so feel free to drop in later if
you wish.

You may wish to install the Haskell Tool Stack[3] ahead of time.

We plan to use the TLUG web site as a test case... exploring the idea of
rendering it with a static site generator.

If you can't make it to the venue, we expect to be in the new TLUG
Gitter chat[4] (This chat is currently restricted to people that are
already members of the TLUG organization on GitHub. If you want to join
in, email me or catch me on the #tlug.jp IRC channel[5][6].)

[1]: https://jaspervdj.be/hakyll/
[2]: https://lodge.yahoo.co.jp/
[3]: https://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/README/
[4]: https://gitter.im/tlug
[5]: irc:chat.freenode.net/#tlug.jp
[6]: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#freenode_#tlug.jp:matrix.org

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/ZL2IA/AI8A  Mitaka, Tokyo      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Tokyo Linux Users Group  irc://chat.freenode.net/#tlug.jp