Re: [tlug] ja Input Failing Only in Chrome, Only Sometimes

On 2019-03-08 22:12 +0900 (Fri), Curt J. Sampson wrote:

> Japanese input works fine in urxvt and Telegram... but on only one
> does it work in Chrome and Chromium....

It turns out that having the `ibus-gtk` and/or `ibus-gtk3` packages
are what's needed to make IBus work in Chrome (and presumably other
GTK apps). These are only recommended by ibus, rather than required,
so I'm guessing at some point I did a package install on the one
system that asked for recommended packages, and did not do so on the
others.

Thanks to Steve for setting me on the path to figuring this out.

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.