Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:11:54 +0900
- From: CL <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.8.0
On 06/26/2018 12:04 AM, Stephen Lee wrote:The problem _may_ have been power connector related. When I have / create issues such as this, my first step is to disassemble, wipe all male connectors with contact cleaner and re-assemble. Some of the plugs going into the modular power supply felt loose when removed, so extra care was taken to plug them back in and making sure the barbed tip of the holder snapped firmly into place. It _may_ also have been improperly placed data cord connectors at the very crowded HDD end.CL <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:The other four disks are connected to the add-in card and all are visible. I didn't have to make the adjustments suggested.Did you figure out why you were only seeing 2 drives before?But, the odd thing is that when I was seeing the problem, I was always seeing one Bank 1 (1-5) and one Bank 2 (6-B) HDD, regardless of how I configured the connectors at the add-in board.So the correct answer is "all of these," "none of these," or "something else." However, with the current, "it all just works" condition I will be checking daily, then weekly for a while. I don't like to attribute things to dumb luck.CL
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Bogus Japanese zipfiles [was: Kudos to Jim Breen]
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links