Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 12:33:46 -0300
- From: "Schwartz, Fernando G." <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: https://www.fgs.eti.br/
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.8.0
On 06/22/2018 11:39 AM, CL wrote:or whether I can ... to get the setup I think I want. Can anyone suggest a possible working setup. I am not sure I have all of the software required or that I have hardware bits connected to the right other hardware. O/S is Lubuntu 18.04. No RAID or LVM drivers are installed.And that's the problem (BTW, face this all the time). If you set "RAID" at the BIOS, that's "hardware RAID" board taking over, and that means (almost certainly) a Linux software driver for the distro mandatory. And that (certainly) means you're locked down (to one or two) distros (... a Linux enterprise world catch right there!).I'm already hearing somebody will come up here saying you don't need hardware RAID and I can tell you, that's just a lie if you're in for the best your hardware can do (traditional Linux world excuses).Does RAID / LVM software play a role that I haven't understood or figured out until now?You've got the answer. Sincerely,
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] VPN?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Previous by thread: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] White Box: Some Assembly Required ...
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links