Re: [tlug] VPN?

David J Iannucci <jlinux@example.com> wrote:
> Incidentally, the main reason I want to leave PIA is that I cannot use
> them on the free wifi offered at Apple Stores. [...] I asked them, and they
> say they don't block VPNs. Go figure. Maybe it's the protocol used?

Perhaps you are using OpenVPN over UDP?

PIA supports several different configurations.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/what-s-the-difference-between-the-ovpn-files

Try those that are over TCP, and if all else fails, the legacy one
over TCP port 443, which is used by default by HTTPS and not blocked by
firewalls normally.

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>