[tlug] kkc and anthy (and mozc)

Howdy. As those of you who use RH based systems know, RedHat and Fedora use
anthy.  As far as I understand it (but I could be wrong), anthy is no
longer developed.  There is also, in Fedora, at least, libkkc, and a Fedora
fcitx-kkc.   (I just built an rpm for CentOS-7x too, if anyone cares, but
it took no skill.  I grabbed the srpm for F20, ran rpmbuild -ba on the spec
file and it built. )

I don't use Japanese enough anymore to really know if it's worth the
effort.  Should one try to avoid anthy in favor of kkc?  And is there any
advantage or disadvantage between using say, fcitx-kkc as opposed to
fcitx-mozc in systems, such as Arch or Debian, that have both?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6