Re: [tlug] silicon cash eater

On Jul 4, 2017, at 11:51, Jim Tittsler <jwt-tlug@example.com> wrote:

The Belkin WeMo Insight is kind of fun, if rather expensive to spread
around the house. You could monitor energy usage and turn off power to
the system when aliens are detected or you exceed the month's power budget.

When aliens are detected I would turn the lights on… probably a bad idea, better to stay low till their intentions are clear…

Home automation devices are interesting but not quite there yet for me in terms of usability. On TV this morning, an internet-connected dog-monitoring camera for your home, with biscuit throwing capability via button-push on the smart phone app. So at the office I can monitor Fido ripping the carpet to shreds and throw biscuits?…. mmmmm. Security cameras and real-time monitoring?…. mmm. Waiting for the standardized API and cheap hardware that won`t be an outdated Hard-Off techno orphan in 3 yrs time.

Regards,
Kevin Sullivan

JP +81-90-9829-9653