Re: [tlug] Organize a one-off technical meeting?

On 2016-10-07 10:42 -0300 (Fri), SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. wrote:

> On 10/07/2016 02:46 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:
> >
> > Well, we do have an archive of the mailing lists on the web, and the
> > Wiki. What is it in particular you're looking for that these don't
> > already do? (Or, if it's simply a matter of knoweldge transfer, what
> > would help with making these resources better known and more used?)
>
> They do. If we were discussing around one main topic. 1995-style.

The archives do support a [thread-based] view of the list. That said,
I agree that this isn't as convenient for people who want to follow
some topics but not others. (That web interface is, however, little
worse than a PC on my 7" Android tablet.) I also agree that this isn't
as convenient if there's a large number of threads. That said, for
some people at least, a mailing list is easier for low-volume
discussion groups such as this.

[thread-based]: https://lists.tlug.jp/ML/1610/threads.html

cjs
--