Re: [tlug] Organize a one-off technical meeting?

On 10/07/2016 02:46 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:
On 2016-10-05 12:33 -0300 (Wed), SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. wrote:

A stronger web presence through a web-forum for example, would
better support between the meetings. The permanent archive of
tutorials, photos, announcement board / marketplace, whatever.

Well, we do have an archive of the mailing lists on the web, and the
Wiki. What is it in particular you're looking for that these don't
already do? (Or, if it's simply a matter of knoweldge transfer, what
would help with making these resources better known and more used?)

They do. If we were discussing around one main topic. 1995-style.

I can only enjoy "TLUG" in my leisure time, which means, by a 8-inch Android screen commuting or at home.

Having to receive every message sent to the group, either caring about everything, figuring out a new filter on my client side every now and then, or hitting delete key like an idiot, doesn't do for me.

Now compare that to a mobile screen capable server-side app where you have your rules, announcements, current events and permanent archive of material in one screen. Not even the same league. And not to mention that web-forums do interface with legacy mailing lists if that was the problem.

But doesn't matter if the mood isn't there among us. Going through the planning that a server-side application like a web forum requires in terms of hardware, network and monkey-power.

Let's move on to something else. Eventually mark my words. Thanks.
--
              フェルナンド・G・シュヴァルツ.