Re: [tlug] Dictionary problem

> 2016/03/21 16:40、Thomas <nyuwa@example.com> のメール:

> Thank you.
> However ..
> as a translator I have signed contracts with each and every agency. Many
> of those contracts specifically PROHIBIT the use of things like Google
> translate!
> I do use online dictionaries on a daily basis, but (1) there are times -
> believe it or not - when I have to work without internet access.

I fail to see the technical difference between feeding Google a string and feeding an online dictionary the same string.

> (2) The stuff you find on the net is often everything but trustworthy.

Except for the times when you search for references... Which is all the time when you translate.

> Having to work usually with highly technical / medical /

In which case the net (and GT) can be pretty useful. But not GT on a single string, but GT on a whole file, where GT can actually provide you with a lot of correct terms thanks to the provided context.

Jean-Christophe Helary