Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Always hash-check your images... Provided that you have the correct hash anyway!
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 18:12:15 -0300
- From: "SCHWARTZ, Fernando G." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] Always hash-check your images... Provided that you have the correct hash anyway!
- Organization: http://www.fgs.eti.br/
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.5.1
Dear all, read this a couple of hours ago while you guys, hopefully, at sleep in Japan.Quoting "SlashDot" original text:"The Linux Mint website was hacked last night and was pointing to malicious ISOs that contained an IRC bot known as TSUNAMI, used as part of an IRC DDoSing botnet. While the Linux Mint team says they were hacked via their WordPress site, security experts have discovered that their phpBB forum database was put up for sale on the Dark Web at around the same time of the hack. Also, it seems that after the Linux Mint team cleaned their website, the hackers reinfected it, which caused the developers to take it down altogether."Thanks. Ferunando.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Tokyo ISP Throttling? Why does my internet speed increase so much by setting up a proxy?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Tokyo ISP Throttling? Why does my internet speed increase so much by setting up a proxy?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Brother printer installed, not printing (solved)
- Next by thread: [tlug] OT - Network Security Report
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links