Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] ALERT: fcitx-mozc is lovely
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 09:56:56 +0900
- From: Edmund Edgar <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] ALERT: fcitx-mozc is lovely
I don't know if everyone else already knew about this but I just got the memo and feel the need to share my new religion. I'd been using ibus/anthy for Japanese input on Ubuntu Vivid, which was somehow failing to recognize my henkan key. So after fighting with it for the best part of an hour I finally tried turning it off and switching to another one, and it turns out fcitx-mozc is really, really nice. It Just Worked, and it's really intuitive and smooth to use, unlike Anthy which always felt like it was trying to stop me writing my email. Instructions for setting it up here: http://ubuntujp.jimdo.com/%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E5%8C%96/#cc-m-header-10280891989 -- -- Edmund Edgar Founder, Social Minds Inc (KK) Twitter: @edmundedgar Linked In: edmundedgar Skype: edmundedgar http://www.socialminds.jp Reality Keys @realitykeys firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.realitykeys.com
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] ZIM users on the list?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] ALERT: fcitx-mozc is lovely
- Previous by thread: [tlug] ZIM users on the list?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] ALERT: fcitx-mozc is lovely
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links