Re: [tlug] ALERT: fcitx-mozc is lovely

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 09:56:56AM +0900, Edmund Edgar wrote:
> I don't know if everyone else already knew about this but I just got
> the memo and feel the need to share my new religion.

> I'd been using ibus/anthy for Japanese input on Ubuntu Vivid, which
> was somehow failing to recognize my henkan key. So after fighting with
> it for the best part of an hour I finally tried turning it off and
> switching to another one, and it turns out fcitx-mozc is really,
> really nice. It Just Worked, and it's really intuitive and smooth to
> use, unlike Anthy which always felt like it was trying to stop me
> writing my email.

I too have come to greatly prefer fcitx.

> Instructions for setting it up here:
> http://ubuntujp.jimdo.com/%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E5%8C%96/#cc-m-header-10280891989

Which deals with Ubuntu.  For information about setting it up on Arch,
Gentoo, Fedora, Mint, Jessie, FreeBSD, and using framebuffer in console see
http://srobb.net/jpninpt.html a page with information so marvelous it's
only matched by the witty writing style. (For those who don't know, it's my
page, so the high praise for it is just me amusing myself, though I do
think the page is useful.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6