Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] ZIM users on the list?
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:23:19 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] ZIM users on the list?
- References: <56A5F350.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thomas Blasejewicz writes: > I remember that someone (sorry, don't remember the name now) here > on the list told me, that "linux is basically monolingual". Which isn't true. > I CAN search for terms in English and German, but when I try to > search for Japanese terms, I get either NO HITS at all, or else > some very strange "selections" (only SOME terms or characters / > based on what ???) of "terms". Examples, both of input and of output, please. Both "no hits" and "strange hits". Where did you get the documents you want to search for terms in? > Is there a trick to tell ZIM to search also for Japanese? Searching for Japanese is very hard, because Japanese documents are inconsistently encoded. What is most likely is that you have documents in encodings that ZIM doesn't understand. On Linux it probably strongly prefers UTF-8, while Windows often produces CP932 (AKA Shift JIS), and under some circumstances will spit out UTF-16. But it's hard to say since you are giving us basically no information to diagnose the problem except the name of software that probably few people have heard of let alone use.
- [tlug] ZIM users on the list?
- From: Thomas Blasejewicz
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] ZIM users on the list?
- Next by Date: [tlug] ALERT: fcitx-mozc is lovely
- Previous by thread: [tlug] ZIM users on the list?
- Next by thread: [tlug] ALERT: fcitx-mozc is lovely
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links