Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Gnome raves

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Charles Muller
<acmuller@example.com> wrote:
> Ray wrote:
>
>> Hope this helps and thanks Charles for opening our (my) eyes!  :-)  I
>> was grudgingly accepting Unity and didn't have the motivation to try
>> something new.
>
> Running Unbuntu-Gnome 15.10 in VMware Player, it occupies 6GB of space
> as compared to the 18GB that KUbuntu takes up. Definitely
> faster--especially command-line actions--but I suspect most people have
> already been using a lighter version than Kubuntu already, so perhaps
> it's not an earth-shaking switch for most.

After a few days with it, it's definitely an improvement over Unity.
As I don't use a VM, I can't comment on disk space usage.

As with most window managers, you double-click the top part of a
window to maximize it or drag it around the screen.  For me, at least,
I would lose the ability to click this part of the window after using
Unity for some time.  I accepted it and just logged out and then back
in.  Happened to me around once a week or two for as long as I used
Unity...

I never used KDE since I found it to be a bit slow.  Maybe it was just me?

Issues like the above are now gone.  In fact, so far, nothing
seriously wrong with it...  So at least for me, worth the switch [*]!
Thanks!

Ray

[*]  I suppose I should really wait "one or two weeks" before I can be
sure that Unity bug is gone...  Maybe I'm celebrating too soon!  :-)