Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Gnome raves

Ray wrote:

Hope this helps and thanks Charles for opening our (my) eyes!  :-)  I
was grudgingly accepting Unity and didn't have the motivation to try
something new.

Running Unbuntu-Gnome 15.10 in VMware Player, it occupies 6GB of space as compared to the 18GB that KUbuntu takes up. Definitely faster--especially command-line actions--but I suspect most people have already been using a lighter version than Kubuntu already, so perhaps it's not an earth-shaking switch for most.

Chuck

A. Charles Muller

Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
Faculty of Letters
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan