Re: [tlug] Japanese input method

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Travis Cardwell writes:
>
>  > I have a full plate, but this gives me an idea...  Somebody should do a
>  > presentation about the development side of [Japanese] input methods, of
>  > which there a number of interesting aspects.
>
> Specifically?

I'm not sure what Travis was thinking, but one interesting "to-do"
item would be to create a set of web pages that could explain how to
set up a Japanese IME.  It would be nice to "click a button" and have
it all set up perfectly, but I think most of us have found out it's
not quite there yet.  Until that "click a button" day is here, I think
such a web page would be helpful -- even more so if, someone outside
of TLUG Googled for "Linux Japanese IME" and came to our site.

I think our group is varied enough that we probably cover many
distributions.  And most (all...except for the occasional troll
passing through) of us have installed a Japanese IME...  I've
installed it on Ubuntu many times...yet I seem to be unable to repeat
the steps consistently!  *sigh*

Ray