Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Self-introduction + thank you for scanner help
- Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 12:46:18 +0900
- From: Raedwolf Sumner <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Self-introduction + thank you for scanner help
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 08:52:59, Darren Cook <email@example.com> wrote:
> I think we had the same scanner (DCP-7055). Was the reinstall actually
> Mint 17.1 (aka a base distro of Ubuntu 14.04.2)?
Darren, my unit is MFC-6490. Since Mint 17.1 was not out yet then, I
am using 17 (Qiana). But I liked 17.1 (Rebecca) so much when I installed
it in MT and it worked so well with my HP unit that I am setting it up on this
machine. Dual booting. Just because 17 works fine, and I don't want
to jeopardize that. I will let you know how the scanner install goes.
> There are quite a few ideas here:
Thanks. I will definitely have a look at that. But I am very leery of making
any changes, since it does work now. If I get 17.１ working, then it will be
easier to contemplate changes on 17.
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:27:48, Bruno Raoult <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I would not change any permission in /dev. This is bad [TM].
> I would rather try to understand why permissions are wrong for your user.
> As a temp workaround, you could add yourseld to lp and lpadmin groups,
> depending on what permissions the printer device has. This is not perfect,
> but better than giving rw access to everybody.
Bruno, thank you for the warning.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Help with Mint
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Software center gone
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Self-introduction + thank you for scanner help
- Next by thread: [tlug] Reinstallation and partitions (Mint)
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links