Re: [tlug] Software center gone

On 2015/06/29 2:05, Attila Kinali wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 20:41:43 +0900

You had a crash, and probably one of the files that manage your installed
packages got corrupted. You can compare this to the corruption of
the software database on windows, which would mean you have to completely
reinstall the machine. On Linux you at least have a chance to fix that,
if you know which knobs to turn.

				Attila Kinali
Good afternoon
Given the fact, that these "disasters", crashes etc. happen constantly every five minutes,
during the most trivial operations ....
I REALLY would like to know some of those "emergencey knobs".

If that is something even I can remember / comprehend, I mean.

Like the "reset button" ages ago.
When the computer goes berserk ... just push that button and everything goes back to normal.
It DID work for me many times.

Thomas