Re: [tlug] Looking for Summer Internship in Japan

Nicolas Limare writes:

 > Not really for me. Tech entrepreneurs with deep pockets (Masayoshi
 > Son, Hiroshi Mikitani, ...) could fund start-ups and handle the
 > possible loss themself without any serious impact.

Their pockets aren't that deep, not compared to US VCs, of which there
are hundreds, each of which has backers with pockets as deep as Son's.
But, yes, they do fund some startups.

People seem to forget just how rich the U.S. really is, and how much
of that wealth is disposed of by private individuals rather than
bureaucrats.