Re: [tlug] Haskell Meeting on October 25th

Hi Yasuaki,

On 2014年10月11日 18:13, Yasuaki Kudo wrote:
> My name is Yasuaki Kudo, I attended TLUG meetings a few times about 10-15
> years(!) ago.

Come again--you might recognize some faces!

> http://www.meetup.com/Tokyo-Haskell-Meetup/events/211708592/
>
> Seeing your meeting agenda for today, I suspect there are people at TLUG who
> might be interested in discussing Haskell or functional programming
> languages in general.

To my knowledge, we have had three Haskell presentations at TLUG:

Programming Language Survey: Haskell
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Meetings:2009:11

Haskell on Debian
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Meetings:2011:11

Metasepi Report: Writing NetBSD Sound Drivers in Haskell
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Meetings:2014:07

> I am NO Haskell expert, just a novice user who is seeking more information
> and networking opportunities around Haskell.

The Japanese Haskell community in Tokyo is quite large.  Note that most
people do not use Meetup, though.  If you would like to find more
attendees, the key is to be listed in IT勉強会カレンダー:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=fvijvohm91uifvd9hratehf65k@example.com

Many event organizers manage their events in ATND or similar services, and
the events are then included in IT勉強会カレンダー automatically.

> If you are interested, please let me know :)

I love to talk about Haskell, but I already have plans for that afternoon
and will unfortunately not be able to attend.

Have a great meeting!

Cheers,

Travis