Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet: app on sd
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:44:50 +0200
- From: Bruno Raoult <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet: app on sd
- References: <53F135E3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAAhy3dvD=gHFFgkQgNN1MMx1GMur_g1K-fHwdPh_bN0y65email@example.com> <53F236B0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAAhy3dshXUxn7jm-NNLDc2qR-bh0tng4Zsy5V650b+PLTS8E4w@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Nikolay Elenkov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
This is getting a bit OT, but yes, with older phones you do need an
SD card. Nowadays even the cheaper phones have a at least 4GB of
internal storage, so there is really no need for SD cards.I do need my 64Gb SD, when I sail for 3 weeks with no internet access.Tablets should be able to handle my 20+ videos, music, books, etc...
4Gb is ridiculous. I am not speaking about apps themselves, but about media files.4Gb = zero.
If I need to be connected, I use my computer. I use my tablet *mostly* when I am offline.
I use it to transfer files with rsync/wifi when I am at home.
The KitKat Android restrictions breaks everything (rsync is broken, of course, as the sshapp cannot write everywhere on SD).
This is no more *my* tablet. Less useful than a CD player and real books.
Somebody decided that I don't need huge off-line media. And I cannot complain.
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.
- Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet: app on sd
- From: Christian Horn
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] VPS providers in Japan
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] VPS providers in Japan
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet: app on sd
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet: app on sd
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links