Re: [tlug] Smart phone vs Tablet: app on sd

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Nikolay Elenkov <nick@example.com> wrote:
This is getting a bit OT, but yes, with older phones you do need an
SD card. Nowadays even the cheaper phones have a at least 4GB of
internal storage, so there is really no need for SD cards.

I do need my 64Gb SD, when I sail for 3 weeks with no internet access.
Tablets should be able to handle my 20+ videos, music, books, etc...
4Gb is ridiculous. I am not speaking about apps themselves, but about media files.
4Gb = zero.

If I need to be connected, I use my computer. I use my tablet *mostly* when I am offline.
I use it to transfer files with rsync/wifi when I am at home.

The KitKat Android restrictions breaks everything (rsync is broken, of course, as the ssh
app cannot write everywhere on SD).

This is no more *my* tablet. Less useful than a CD player and real books.

Somebody decided that I don't need huge off-line media. And I cannot complain.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.