Re: [tlug] Static linking (try it at home!) [was: kernel update snafu]

On 2014年06月20日 20:18, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
> May be, may be not. I am ready to pay anyone few beers who can compile
> (static) current sleuthkit and related libs (64bit is priority, but
> take 32bit as bonus):
> http://www.sleuthkit.org/sleuthkit/download.php
>
> I tried for an hour or so and gave up. It is something I use for work
> occasionally, but I hate to be carrying a bunch of LD_PRELOAD with
> me...

Ah, the joys of libtool.

$ cd /tmp
$ tar -zxf /path/to/sleuthkit-4.1.3
$ cd sleuthkit-4.1.3
$ ./configure
$ find . -name Makefile -exec sed -i "/^LDFLAGS /s/-static/-all-static/" {} \+
$ make
$ find tools -type f -executable -exec file {} \;

Cheers,

Travis