Re: [tlug] Linux Quiz: Call For Questions

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Jim Breen writes:
>  > On 26 April 2014 13:25, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > > Historical question:  Give an efficient sequence of search keywords to
>  > > determine "Who is Andrew Tannebaum and why do Linux fans care?"
>  >
>  > Some of us are old enough not to even dream of Googling for
>  > something like that.
>
> What, no "I-was-on-that-mailing-list-doncha-know-ly y'rs"? ;-)
>
> Old-enough-not-to-need-Google-but-young-enough-to-dream-of-it-ly y'rs,
>
> P.S. No, I wasn't on that list, myself. :-)

OK. a few questions from me.

1) How to remove a file named ".abc"
2) how .??* could be useful for "ls"
3) How and when could "rm" not free disk space
4) "ln" vs "ln -s"
etc...

You will tell me these are more about shell. Right.

I have an idea for having 4 answers for these questions (as you are
going to this kind of test, I suppose).

I would also be very happy to get the full quiz :)

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.