Re: [tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo

On 18 March 2014 12:48, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> But in the latter case, it's your bedroom, whilst in the former, it's
> their wall.

True enough. But, in the case of bypassing the firewall, if I've
gained permission to use the Internet freely, it stands to reason I've
also gained implicit permission to bypass whatever outbound firewall
rules are set in place contradicting the permissions I've been given.
A flesh-world example would be if I've gained permission to enter the
home of a friend, for instance to get his passport because he's at the
airport and forgot it. If the door is locked and I know how to pick
the lock, I will consider myself implicitly authorised to pick it,
since I've been permitted and instructed by the owner of the lock to
retrieve something on the other side. The picking itself is of minor
significance.