Re: [tlug] Locking an HTML Doc

On 18 March 2014 11:38, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to add instructions to lock my file so it can only be
> viewed one way, like a .docx, .odt, .pdf, .wcx .... nado, nado, even if
> it means appending font files or something even more space wasting.
> I've Googled, but I haven't put together a set of terms that results in
> an answer I can

I'm not entirely sure if I understand your question. Or even if you
are asking the right question.

If you want the document to remain consistent even when you run it
through various file format converters, then no. Flawless conversion
between complex document formats is generally not feasible for any but
the most simple documents.

If you deliberately want to craft a document with the express
intention to remain good-looking even when converting it to other
formats, then... Maybe. From OpenDocument or OOXML to PDF *should*
render perfectly (barring bugs). From PDF back to a document format
isn't really feasible, no, but then again, that's not the point of
PDF. The best thing you can do with a PDF would probably be to import
it in a vector graphics program, but if you're. HTML with @font-face
rules and attached font files should render well enough, but it's not
really made for rendering pages, which you will notice when trying to
use it as such.

I would recommend a WYSIWYM (what you see is what you mean) approach
such as *TeX or markdown, but based on the question I'm not sure if
you would find it more of a hassle than it's worth.