Re: [tlug] Ibus and Ubuntu based

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:03:41PM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
>> Have people on this list installed a fresh 13.10 Ubuntu or variant, and
>> found that ibus works as well as it has in the past?  I just tried on
>> Lubuntu 13.10 64 bit to find that it has become pretty useless.
>
> Ok, to answer my own question, just tried with standard Ubuntu 13.10, and
> after installing ibus-mozc and Japanese support, it worked as it should,
> though it did require a reboot.  As Linux seems to be more Windows/OSX like
> to me with each iteration, that makes sense.

For what it's worth, I just upgraded 13.04 to 13.10 and it worked
about the same.  Forcing Super+space on us isn't that great, but you
can change it, I guess (I will try right after I send this :-) ).  The
message about the change (probably only for Ubuntu upgrades and not
fresh installs) appears very briefly.  I almost missed it!

Otherwise, it seems ok.  One annoying thing is that, previously, when
I hit Super+space, the change to/from English/Japanese would be
indicated at the top-right next to the time.  But that doesn't work --
keeps showing "En".  I guess that's a bug.  But otherwise, no problem
-- at least for a 13.04 to 13.10 upgrade...

Ray