Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.

houkouonchi@example.com writes:

 >   Argh.. so this ended up being gnome 'slowkeys' which I have NO clue
 > how it got enabled or why anyone would ever want this feature lol.

It's an accessibility feature for those for whom "fat finger syndrome"
is a way of life, not just the occasional embarrassment of premature
ejaculation on some mailing list.  Think "Parkinson's".  It gets
enabled by (1) turning on the suite of accessibility features from the
configuration menu, and then (2) holding down a shift key for at least
8 seconds.  You should probably disable the whole accessibility suite;
they're generally quite annoying until you actually need them.