Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:04:25 -0700
- From: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100608 Thunderbird/3.1
Argh.. so this ended up being gnome 'slowkeys' which I have NO clue how it got enabled or why anyone would ever want this feature lol. I have been dealing with bad font sizes for like a week because of this issue and of course as soon as I make a post about it I figure it out. All my scim/japanese input has been disabled trying to fix this issue so now I gotta go re-enable everything.. oh yay!On 10/08/2013 02:58 PM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:Out of the blue this started happening but I have a pretty old install of a gentoo based system. I had an issue where all the sudden (not sure if some hotkey i accidentally pressed or what) where all the keys I press on any application results in no text but does cause the system beep to be activated. I actually use KDE (not gnome) but I later traced this to it working perfectly normal (and scim/anthy is working normal in KDE) but as soon as I run a gnome program (like gnome-font-properties to fix gtk font scaling or gnome-control-center) the problem happens all over again and its very annoying. The biggest annoyance for me right now is not being able to run gnome-font-properties to fix the DPI on my fonts so all my fonts are huge now =( Anyone ever seen this or know how to disable scim completely from gnome? I disabled it in gnome-control-settings but the problem is still happening. Its like something makes my keyboard completely stop working as soon as I start a gnome app. Its possible its not related to scim but I have my doubts about that.
- [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- From: email@example.com
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links