Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 09:23:51 +0900
- From: Darren Cook <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130330 Thunderbird/17.0.5
> Argh.. so this ended up being gnome 'slowkeys' which I have NO clue > how it got enabled or why anyone would ever want this feature lol. Curious what slowkeys was led me here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/41427 It gets switched on by holding down shift for 8 seconds, and can still be switched on accidentally as of 2013. (that bug report started in 2006.) I just tried it on Ubuntu 10.04, and nothing went wrong with typing, which I think is because everything is unchecked in the "Accessibility tab" of "keyboard preferences". So it appears that bug report should be closed. But perhaps a later Ubuntu broke it again? Darren P.S. I was hoping this might be related to a gnome bug I have had for years now, where focus sometimes gets screwed up, and mouse clicks go to one place, while typing goes to another. I still haven't worked out what triggers it, and the only solution I have is to log out and log in again. I was interested in one of the comments how they go to a tty and then " I kill compiz, which magically restores my keyboard and mouse input." I might try that next time it happens. ...hhmmm, except I don't have anything called "compiz" running. At least, not at the moment.
- Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Weird issue with gnome and scim.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links