Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] [OT] Japan SIM card for foreign phone
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:39:33 +0200
- From: Bruno Raoult <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] [OT] Japan SIM card for foreign phone
Bruno.I found on internet that Softbank accepts to sell sim cards if you have got a Softbank phone. Is it the case? If yes, would an iPhone (old, but functional) bought in Softbank 4-5 years ago be eligible? I guess the SIM cards themselves are not protected, are they? If my idea above could work, could I then move the SIM to my foreign iPhone?Hi,In 2008-2009, there was a discussion here about the possibility to get a SIM card for a foreign phone. It seemed difficult/impossible. Did the things change? This will not be a short-term stay, and I will have an address.
Would other operators do the same today, especially AU? (my wife has an old AU phone, and a foreign iPhone).Regards,PS. I really don't understand the rationale on these limitations, as I believe mobile operators don't make much money on hardware (I mean compared to subscriptions). They even loose money.
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.
- Re: [tlug] [OT] Japan SIM card for foreign phone
- From: Nikolay Elenkov
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] [announcement] September 21 Technical Meeting
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] Japan SIM card for foreign phone
- Previous by thread: [tlug] sharing anthy dictionary between machines
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] [OT] Japan SIM card for foreign phone
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links