Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 22:56:54 +0200
- From: Bruno Raoult <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- References: <5226CC90.email@example.com> <1823583.bcs2nzPteJ@dan>
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: >> (The router is a Buffalo AirStation, and it also acts as the DNS >> server for my network. So I'm thinking maybe there is a clever option >> to assign a DNS name based on the mac address, and all clients would >> use the name not the IP address. Where I got stuck was working out >> how, even if it was possible, that would be better than a static IP >> address...) I am silly? If you have a few machines, just do not go this way (you should survive any breakdown). Go static, except for phones etc.. br. -- 2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] NAS and DHCP?
- Next by thread: [tlug] Good Overview Of What Is Still Secure?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links