Re: [tlug] Recommendation for router with range

2013年 5月 24日(金)10:17 am に Jean-Christian Imbeault さんは書きました:

> I'm hoping that by using a wi-fi router as the base station I will get a
> stronger signal than my PC provides and the signal will reach into our
> basement.

You can also buy repeaters (aka, WiFi boosters, range extenders) that
you can put midway. You can set it up to connect to your current WiFi
and act as a bridge, so it will be pretty much invisible. Not sure how
well that will work with a basement though.

> Can anyone recommend a wi-fi router with a strong signal/range?

Anything with big antennas :) Buffalo have a few 'high power' models that
seem to work well. Search for 'BUFFALO ハイパワー ' on Amazon. As a bonus,
 some of them can run DD-WRT :)

Setting it up on a channel few people in the area use also helps.