Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Anybody have a unused Java book about
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 17:35:44 +0900
- From: Jawaad Mahmood <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Anybody have a unused Java book about
- References: <CAA3AF9fVx1d368=adyxL8HDFcQOzW0ppm2n3KPnP_tFjP2gg3A@mail.gmail.com> <CAFv52ODk2-XnHHEZFaKdgu+qSmZ7YxTwJhndWPvMVkLm-_2yPA@mail.gmail.com>
You guys inspired me to sign up.On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Josh Glover <email@example.com> wrote:
On Thursday, March 7, 2013, Shaun Hughes wrote:I've just taken that course myself, and would highly recommend it to
> In a couple of weeks I'll be taking a free Functional Programming Principles in Scala course (via Coursera.org, by some guy named Martin Odersky who supposedly knows a bit about Scala),
anyone interested in learning functional programming, even if you
don't care much about Scala. The course is based on SICP, which is
the most holy of books in the FP world (I think Curt is on record as
saying that any serious programmer should read it, and I certainly
agree!). The assignments are really interesting, and despite my Lisp
background, I did find a couple of them quite challenging!
And you're right, that Odersky chap does know his Scala! I can't
imagine how he learned it so well...
Not really, actually. He builds everything up on Scala from first
> I've come to the realization that having a bit of prior knowledge about Java might be helpful.
principles, so Java doesn't even enter into the equation.
Anyway, enjoy the Scala course. I think FP will astound and delight you!
To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
please see the instructions at http://lists.tlug.jp/list.html
The TLUG mailing list is hosted by ASAHI Net, provider of mobile and
fixed broadband Internet services to individuals and corporations.
Visit ASAHI Net's English-language Web page: http://asahi-net.jp/en/
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Anybody have a unused Java book about
- Next by Date: [tlug] [reminder] nomikai tomorrow
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Anybody have a unused Java book about
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Anybody have a unused Java book about
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links