[tlug] Making programming easier... or something like that

Moin boys and girls!

After our discussion about python and ease of programming not
so long ago, i was thinking about how to make programming
as a craft easier for Joe Average. And if possible at the same
time give Joe a better understanding of what he is actually doing.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of the human mind is very limited
and my google skills not good enough to find what other people
have thought about this (i'm sure there are many out there, but where?).

Would someone lend me a hand and give me some pointers to stuff
i could read about programming as a mental work and how people
learn it? And how does the structure of programming languages
simplify the task of programming and learning of programming?

Also, i wouldn't mind to read about your thoughts on this topic.

Hmm... reading my mail again i don't think i'm very clear about
what i want to acheive... but i also don't know how to formulate it
better :-(

What i want is to understand how such a complex task as programming
works, and where the difficulties lie. Not only for me (i think i
pretty much know that) but also for others. Where does the confusion
come from, when people have to tackle a task? Where do the errors
come from? Why are so few people how to learn to code? And why does
some people code look horrible even after years of training and
experience? How do object orientation, functional programming,
aspect oriented programming and all those other "catch phrases"
relate to these questions?

			Attila Kinali

PS: yes, you are allowed to blame Stephen for these questions ;-)
--
There is no secret ingredient
         -- Po, Kung Fu Panda