Re: [tlug] Making programming easier... or something like that

Hi Attila,

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:
> Would someone lend me a hand and give me some pointers to stuff
> i could read about programming as a mental work and how people
> learn it? And how does the structure of programming languages
> simplify the task of programming and learning of programming?

I don't believe this has been mentioned yet, but ACM has a special
interest group (SIG) on computer science education (SIGCSE) whose aim
[according to its web site at http://www.sigcse.org/] is to provide "a
forum for educators to discuss issues related to the development,
implementation, and/or evaluation of computing programs, curricula,
and courses, as well as syllabi, laboratories, and other elements of
teaching and pedagogy."

I'm not a part of it and have heard it mentioned a couple of times in
conversations but don't really know what it's about.  It's a bit more
specific than what you're asking, of course.  It's talking about
better ways to teach students CS and you're just as interested as
someone teaching him/herself.

But, you might want to look through the SIG as a starting point,
including what was presented in past conferences, newsletters, etc...

Ray