Re: [tlug] Dying Monitor?

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM,  <pjacobs@example.com> wrote:
> On 2012-10-17 09:39, mariod410@example.com wrote:
>
>> Did you consider the Tokyo Hackerspace? Usually has monthly soldering
>> workshops I believe.
>> http://tokyohackerspace.org/ [1]
>
> No, I hadn't, although I should have.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll
> definitely look into it.

I was about to suggest that as well (I am a member)...
We have regular meetings every Tuesday from 19:30 in Shibuya, across
from the Apple store (apparently many people know that "landmark"):
http://www.tokyohackerspace.org/en/book/map

If you are happy lugging your LCD around (get laptop&cables to be on
the safe side), we can have a look at it on 23rd. Coming a bit early
should be better to secure some good working space (I will probably be
there after 18:00).
Try to locate and download any information on the monitor beforehand
such as service/repair manuals, datasheets, how-to-open etc. And as
others suggested we might be dealing with badcaps, if you can find
what values we'll need we can get them on-line beforehand (we have
only a _very_ limited supply of parts at THS, mostly leftovers from
other projects); otherwise we'll just open it, diagnose it and next
week replace the caps, if that was the problem in the first place.

How does this sound to you?

Kalin.