Re: [tlug] Programmers meetups it Tokyo?

On 06/21/2012 06:17 PM, Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:

I've been using English for half of my life, and still Japanese is
easier, in that regard.

The days of the week aren't English, they're Norse and not much different from Japanese:

Sun's day
Moon's day
Tyr's day
Wotan's day
Thor's day
Frigga's day
Saturn's day

You just come from a one god tradition and, if you're Orthodox or wrap your sidelocks around a pencil, you can't say the Name of God aloud. Being a pagan, whether Eastern or Western, offers far more flexibility with naming conventions.

--
CL