Re: [tlug] But too much logs kills the logs: How to Grok Logs

Raymond Wan writes:
 > > PS. I think video and support documents are very different:

 > Yes, you have a point.

Sure, but legally it's completely clear who owns what.

 > Well, someone pointed out that in one case, a student went to a job
 > interview and found out that some unflattering video of himself
 > giving a talk was used in deciding on whether or not he got the
 > job.

Life is like that.  If the job hung on one unflattering video, it's
hard to say that a good match was missed.  And conversely:

 > I'm sure no conference with good intentions to share information
 > would ever want to hurt the chances of a student getting a job...

Au contraire, many such conferences (especially those that bill
themselves as "job markets") would be happy with an outcome where the
student doesn't get a better chance than he deserves, i.e., beats out
somebody who is a much better presenter and otherwise roughly equal.

This isn't what TLUG is about, so we should definitely not rule out
speakers just because they're unwilling to be recorded, for whatever
reason.  The organizers certainly should ask, and if the person seems
uncertain, encourage them (ie, explain the advantages to TLUG).

A similar approach could be tried w.r.t. to "supporting materials",
but that would require more effort of both the organizers and the
presenters.