Re: [tlug] Current practices for Linux partioning?

On 4/10/12 14:33 , Attila Kinali wrote:
These days, i recomend only one scheme for laptops: /boot (20-100MB)

/ (encrypted)

So you're not even separating out /home anymore?

I'm not too partial to having to restore /home after an upgrade, so while I can see an argument for putting everything but /boot into an encrypted / (especially on a laptop), I think I'd really rather have a separate /home. I'll take my chances on having to re-do it once over knowing I have to re-do it with every upgrade. And with a 750 GB disk, I can give / more than it'll ever need and still have a huge /home.

Jonathan